Wednesday, July 22, 2009

False Alarm

July 13th was my nth prenatal checkup schedule in San Juan De Dios Hospital, I have told my OB that my lower abdomen is painful this past few days. She checked my cervix and found out that it was already open. She advised me to take Isoxilan, a drug that makes that baby hold onto the womb and be on bed rest for 3 days because my baby was just 35 weeks and 3 days, not yet full-term.

After bed rest and medication, I went to the office to work already. July 18th, around 11:00 in the morning, I felt something came out from me. When I checked, it was a discharge that looks like mucus from a runny nose, yellow then became brown discharge. Since it’s my first pregnancy, I’d informed my supervisor; he accompanied me in the clinic together with my friend, and informed the nurse. The nurse advised me to go home and have an OB consultation which I did. The OB from Casa Medica told me that my cervix is already open, 2 cm in particular and 50% dilated, I was advised to go to San Juan de Dios. I went to Emergency Room since the OB Consultation is already close in the Out Patient Department. I thought I’m going to deliver the baby that day. Unfortunately, it wasn’t time yet. Yes, the cervix is already 2 cm open and 60% dilated but the baby’s time to see the world has not come yet. I still have to wait.



I’m kind of’ upset because I am really excited to see my baby, but I had learned to accept the fact that I will see my little angel in due time. I have to be patient.

My next prenatal checkup will be on July 27th. Just wish me luck and pray for my safe delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment