Tuesday, August 2, 2011

To my Jula


My daughter just celebrated her 2nd birthday last July 31, 2011. Since she can't comprehend fully yet, I decided to write a letter for her which I will keep til she's able to read.


For you Jula,

You and I shared private moments that no one else could take part in. Nothing compares to the feelings I felt every time you kick, punch, and poke inside my body and to the happiness I felt when I gave birth to you two years ago, though it hurts like hell.

Your Papa and I were very happy with your development during your first year. Your first laugh, first 5-steps, first time you utter Mama and Papa, first kiss and so many firsts.

Today, as you celebrate your 2nd birthday. I want you to look at me, see through my eyes and feel from my heart how happy your Mama is. I wish you all the happiness like lollipop, ice cream, Elmo and Bruno Mars. I know that these things really make you smile.


Papa and I look forward to a lifetime of experiences with you. Thank you for all the smiles and for making me happy and complete. Thank you for teaching me everyday how to be a better person. I love you Jula and I thanked God for giving me such a wonderful daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment