Monday, March 16, 2009

Finally…I am Pregnant

I have met my husband, Naj, in 2002. We were girlfriends/boyfriends for 3 years then we decided to live together in 2005. Since then we have been planning to have a baby. First year of living together, we thought we can make it but after second and third year still no luck. We even came to a point that we both thought that we’re infertile. We’re both the youngest in the family. My siblings have their own kids. My eldest brother has 3 boys and a girl, my 2nd brother has a daughter and my sister has a daughter also. His only brother has 2 boys as well. Both our parents were questioning us why after so many years of being together, still no grandchildren from us. Even our friends and workmates were wondering why can’t we have a child.


There were questions in my mind like: Why girls younger than me can bear a child? Why women who are not ready to be a mother are given a child? Why newly couples who are not yet adjusted to their new life, haven’t enjoyed their time together as couple were already given a child? What’s wrong with me? What’s wrong with us? Why can’t we? Why not us? What’s missing?

I know it’s not good to question things, I know there’s a reason for everything that’s happening. I’m just impatient; I’m just a human, not perfect.

Then, January of 2008, we decided to get married. We thought that this might be the answer. We went to the municipal hall of Parañaque, asked the requirements for civil wedding. After completing all the requirements, we scheduled the date of our marriage. Our family and friends were stunned with our decision. Some of them disagreed with our decision especially our mothers. Mothers always thought that they will loose their son/daughter but they haven’t realized that we have been together for couple of years already. After so many explanations, they’ve given us their blessings.

February 07, 2008; I became Mrs. Rosanna Padit-Asne. After 5 years and 6 months, we’re finally married.

After couple of months, still no sign of pregnancy. I was sad, frustrated, depressed, etc. I can’t work, I’m not inspired. Someone told me that as a woman, I was a failure. (Ouch). Giving birth, bearing a child is the very essence of a woman. But I can’t, I am not able to. And I don’t know why!

Then one day, we decided to seek for professional help. Series of test were conducted, my laboratory results were okay. We had found out that my husband’s sperms were low-motile. I was so naïve, I thought that he’s infertile. But good thing, the doctor explained the cause of this. The sperms are unable to move spontaneously and actively due to stress and exposure to heat. My husband was a kitchen crew for couple of years and that explains why. September 2008, I was advised to take folic acid and multivitamins for my husband.

November came, I felt sick. I had stomach ache, I was always in the clinic. I was even advised by the doctor to have my gallbladder, kidney, pancreas and other internal organs be checked. But everything was okay. Then the internal medicine doctor asked me to have urinalysis and found out that I had urinary tract infection. I never had UTI until then. After 7 days of 1 gram of antibiotic twice a day, it was cured. On my second urinalysis, yeast cells were visible in my urine which was not normal. Was advised to consult an OB-Gyne but I didn’t do it, sometimes I have problems following instructions or I may say, almost all the time.

December 16, 2008; I’d realized that I haven’t had my period yet.I was delayed for almost a week, so I asked my husband to buy a pregnancy kit. I was not hoping for anything, I just want to know why I still don’t have my period. If the result is negative, I can consult an OB the next day and check if something’s wrong. So I’ve repeatedly read the instructions to make sure that the result will be accurate. When I saw 2 red lines in the kit, I didn’t know what to do or say, I wasn’t sure because I was not used to that. Plus the fact that I had it done at night, I told myself that it wasn’t confirmed yet. Then when I woke up the next day, I asked my husband to buy another kit. First thing in the morning, I did the test and I saw those 2 lines again. I was happy but not yet sure if it’s really true. We went to Casa Medica, had my ultrasound (trans-v) and found out that there’s an 8-week single-celled organism inside my body. I can’t explain the way I felt that day. Unbelievable! It was a miracle. At the age of 27, finally I got pregnant. I am the happiest woman alive! Thanked God…


After 3 years of being gf/bf, after 2 1/2 years of living together, after 9 months of being married, finally!!!

Until now, I can’t believe that the wish I have been longing for has been granted. The prayer that I have been saying for has been answered. I have also learnt a lesson; patience is the greatest of all virtues. A person that can have patience can have what he will. So for those who are loosing hope, please don’t. Our prayers will be answered in due time. The Lord God has plans for us, and we shouldn’t question his will. Just wait and hope.

“Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.”

James 5:7-8


No comments:

Post a Comment