Tuesday, January 4, 2011

MUSCLE PAIN



I have been sent home by the company clinic for the nth time because of muscle pain. My nape, back and shoulders are painful; muscles are so painful in these areas. MPS refers to pain and inflammation in the body's soft tissues. I was diagnosed with Myofascial Pain Syndrome (MPS) in 2007 and after giving birth in 2009, it worsens and now, it’s Fibromyalgia Syndrome (FMS). When I went to the Rehabilitation Clinic to undergo therapy, the Physical Therapist said that my muscles are so stiff. This condition is painful but patients with fibromyalgia do not develop body damage or deformity and doesn’t damage internal organs. I am also having problem sleeping; I only sleep for 2 hours out of 24. Doctors said that this often occurs with other conditions like insomnia and depression.
Where did I get this? I don’t know but according to the doctors, stress and general fatigue are two of the main causes. I have asked the medical experts if there’s a way for this be completely treated but unfortunately, it’s a lifetime condition. Pain can only be relieved by taking muscle relaxants, stress reduction and physical therapy.
I need a rest, I know I do. But how can I? :(

No comments:

Post a Comment